ClaySpace is an approved provider of Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEDs). Illinois teachers who participate in ClaySpace workshops and classes qualify to earn Continuing Professional Development Units.
Forms for Providers of Workshops, Conferences, Seminars, etc.:
Professional Development Providers
Educators can use a number of professional development activities to meet requirements for
- Moving from Initial to Standard teaching certification;
- Meeting certificate renewal requirements for Standard/Master early childhood, elementary, secondary and special teaching certificates and
- Meeting certificate renewal requirements for School Service Personnel certificates.
The activities that require an approved provider are as follows:
Workshops, Conference, Symposia, and Similar Trainings
Approved providers of workshops, conferences, etc., must complete the top portion of the following forms and distribute them at the conclusion of the activity they are offering: the evaluation (ISBE 77-21A) and evidence of completion (77-21B). Providers collect and maintain completed evaluation forms for three years. The participants keep the evidence form. Attendance records must be kept for five years. (Illinois providers offering workshops, conferences, symposia and other similar activities online are required to sign and disseminate the ISBE evaluation and completion forms electronically. National and/or out-of-state providers offering workshops, conferences, symposia and other similar activities, online or otherwise, are not required to use the ISBE forms. IL educators who participate in national and/or out-of-state workshops, conferences, symposia and other similar activities, online or otherwise, are required to retain agendas/syllabi and registration/enrollment confirmation as documentation of participation.)
Educators maintain the evidence of completion in a portfolio that must be available in the event they are selected for audit.
Schools or districts that offer professional development should note that the evidence form is issued for conferences, workshops or similar trainings and not for “housekeeping” activities.
The law allows one CPDU per contact hour.
Notices of Professional Development—The requirement to submit the Notice was eliminated in 2004.
Continuing Professional Development Units (CPDUs) can be earned one per contact hour, excluding breaks and lunch.
Evidence of Completion of workshops, conferences, and similar trainings
- Held in Illinois: ISBE Form 77-21B, Evidence of Completion
- Held in Illinois but a national-level conference: program or agenda with sessions attended circled
- Attended Out of State: program or agenda with sessions attended circled
- Online: statement or certificate issued by the provider indicating the activity was completed and the average or expected amount of time required to complete the activity
Coursework: grade slips or transcripts
Induction and Mentoring programs: Certificates of completion issued by those offering approved programs. A template (optional) is available to providers by entering the provider system and calling up the Induction and Mentoring application submitted and scrolling to the bottom of the page. Providers have the option issuing their own certificates of completion.